Hilary is a licensed microblading technician who has a background as an esthetician and freelance makeup artist. Her passion is to help her clients feel beautiful and confident, whether it be by doing their makeup or brows. She has been practicing microblading for the past year and hopes to offer permanent makeup procedures in the near future. Whether you are looking for fuller brows, a natural shape, or looking to even out patchy brows…she’s here to help!
WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Microblading is a relatively new eyebrow enhancement technique that has quickly gained popularity. The non-invasive procedure involves the technician creating small strokes in the clients existing brows to mimic the look of real hair. This method is great for creating natural looking brows and fuller, bold brow looks as well.
HOW IS MICROBLADING PERFORMED?
Microblading involves using a hand-held blade to deposit dye between the dermis and epidermis of the skin. This is part of what differentiates it from tattooed brows done with a machine. The ink does not get dispersed as deep into the layers of skin, making it a great alternative for clients wanting a less permanent change.
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST?
With an initial session and touch up done during the recommended timeframe, micro-blading can last up to a year or longer with periodic touchups. Hilary provides each of her clients with a free touch up following the initial procedure *please contact us for pricing & details
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
Healing can take up to two weeks. The pigment will appear very dark immediately after the procedure. There will be mild to moderate flaking, redness and slight itching starting around day 4. Once healed, the color will have faded and need to be touched up to go back over certain areas of the brows. We always recommend returning in 6-8 weeks for your perfecting free touch-up. This is crucial and necessary to obtain the best result possible.
Day of treatment (Day One): Wipe brows every hour with sterile gauze and distilled water to prevent scabbing. Scabbing can remove pigment. DO NOT pick or pull at any scabbing if it occurs! Once brows are clean, reapply a thin layer of Aquaphor. Stay out of sun for the duration of healing as much as possible.
Day Two: After 24 hours, gently wash off Aquaphor with distilled water. Reapply thin layer or Aquaphor in the morning and evening.
Continue this process for the next 7-9 days (washing in the morning and evening, followed by a thin layer of aquaphor)
The following MUST BE AVOIDED during all nine days post-microblading:
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying Aquaphor with a cotton swab
- AVOID MAKEUP FROM EYEBROWS UP (can be up to 4 weeks for full healing)
- Before showering, apply a thin layer of Aquaphor to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower, keep face away from the showered
- Make sure to have CLEAN sheets and pillow cases as bacteria in sheets can lead to infection (mandatory first day of treatment)
- Increased sweating (sweat can lead to bacteria)
- Sports/working out
- Swimming, submerging in water
- Hot sauna, bath or jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin- A or Glycolic Acid on the face or neck
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning or yard work where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Spicy foods
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles